There’s a reason that cabinets are such an important part of your kitchen, aside from their functional aspects—they’re very much a defining variable when it comes to how you perceive your kitchen. Cabinets are the lynchpin for enjoying your kitchen and can have a substantial impact on what the motif, décor and overall theme of your kitchen boil down to. So, it should come as no surprise that a single cabinet refacing in St. Louis, MO can dramatically alter the entire aesthetic of your kitchen, whether you mean it to or not.
Changing the wood grain pattern, the color or even the style of your cabinet faces is absolutely going to impact how you see your kitchen and what it’s mood moving forward is. For example, consider refacing your cabinets from a lighter wood grain finish to one that’s tremendously darker—aside from the clear difference to the cabinet faces, what else is going to be affected by your choice to harden the hue of your kitchen?
- Well, for starters, your kitchen is going to feel a bit more cramped, since darker colors give off an enclosing feeling. While the square footage of your space won’t change in the slightest, you may perceive it to be smaller because of the pulling effect of the cabinets.
- Also along these same lines, darker colors tend to invoke a feeling of prestige or wealth—we tend to associate darker colors with a higher investment because darker colored materials generally are a bigger investment. This in turn translates into the visualization of wealth in your new cabinet refacing in St. Louis, MO, even if the real investment didn’t exist!
These two major aesthetic facets will transform your kitchen from a potentially larger, generic-looking space, to a perceived smaller space that illustrates more wealth. It’s incredible how much refacing your cabinets can alter the mood and tone of your kitchen!
Finding the right combination of benefits and drawbacks is essential in the cabinet refacing process. Because a single change in aesthetic can have such a profound impact on the way your kitchen feels, weighing the pros and cons of certain aesthetic enhancements is ideal before making an investment. Here are a few jumping points to get you started in the right direction:
- Consider speaking with a cabinet professional to have some samples brought into your home. Be sure to see how each different variation of material pairs with your existing amenities, including appliances and countertops.
- Weigh the value of every style of material—what you’re overlooking or excluding could be the solution to your kitchen that completely transforms its look and feel!
- Be sure to understand the many facets of each material you’re looking to choose from for your new kitchen cabinets and what needs to be done to keep them in great condition.
Because cabinet refacing in St. Louis, MO can have such a transformative effect on your kitchen, it’s something that absolutely shouldn’t be taken lightly. Be sure to explore your options and understand what the effects of each are before you simply rush into a refacing with an expectation in mind.